Mr. Larry Collett
With 30+ years experience, Mr. Collett knows business, technology, nonprofit operations, and development.
Trainer / Facilitator
Larry Collett is the co-founder + director of the Larry and Rebecca Collett Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization with a mission of creating leadership, education, and faith-based synergy around the world. Mr. Collett and his wife, Rebecca, felt a calling to give and serve in our community that has been so good to them. While giving and serving can be very broad, they both realized that education, leadership, and faith are at the very core of their beliefs and mission.
Mr. Collett is also the President and CEO of netGALAXY Holdings, an investment, development, acquisitions and real estate company with interests in various companies, ventures, investments and properties under its umbrella. His flagship company, netGALAXY Studios, was recently sold to another leading development firm here in the Lowcountry on August 1, 2019.
Mr. Collett moved to Charleston in 2003 where he began working for the Evening Post Publishing Company (The Post and Courier) as the Web Production Manager. During his time there, he created an internet division for the company and helped start Charleston.net which was in its infancy with less than 30 – 50 pages (site archive: http://bit.ly/bFBUOx), but quickly became the largest news and information web site in the Lowcountry now called PostandCourier.com.
After 4+ years at the helm of Charleston.net, Mr. Collett was recruited by Media General, Inc. to be the Interactive Media Director for WCBD-TV 2 (www.counton2.com), an NBC affiliate located at the foot of the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Collett, after spending 3 months creating a strategic plan, launched a new CountOn2.com in January 2007 with less than 23,000 unique visitors per month. Last place in the market for media web sites, Counton2.com quickly became the number two web site behind his previous web site, Charleston.net. Focused on growing audience reach, Collett utilized the same techniques used to make Charleston.net number one in the market at WCBD-TV 2 by delivering what the audience wanted, “If you do not deliver the information that your audience wants, they will go somewhere else to get it”, says Collett.
Mr. Collett, growing in the ranks within the company, quickly became the Regional Interactive Media Director for the NBC affiliate web sites in Charleston, South Carolina (WCBD-TV 2) and Savannah, Georgia (WSAV-TV 3) before advancing to the Regional Interactive Sales Manager position in the final months of his tenure with Media General, Inc..
Deciding in 2010 that it was time to focus his attention full time to his number one passion, netGALAXY Studios, Collett left Media General, Inc. in July 2010 to manage the day-to-day operations of netGALAXY Studios, a mobile and web technology company. With clients ranging from Berkshire Hathaway, iHeartMedia, the City of Charleston and many others in between, netGALAXY Studios became the leader in mobile technology prior to his successful exit in 2019.
Larry is married to Summerville native, Rebecca Collett, who is a former news anchor / investigative reporter at WCBD-TV 2 (NBC) and CEO of Collett Media, a boutique Public Relations agency.
In Mr. Collett’s spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, sailing, and enjoying the outdoors. Most recently, Mr. Collett has been cast in the HBO series The Righteous Gemstones that is filmed in the Lowcountry.
Larry and Rebecca have three children, all boys named Naaman, Beaudrot, and Ryan. Larry is passionate about community involvement and serves on multiple boards and committees for various organizations in the area in addition to running the Larry and Rebecca Collett Foundation.
Involved in our Community
- Current Member – Board of Directors | My Sister’s House
- Current Member – Board of Directors | Dorchester District 2 Education Foundation
- Current Member – Board of Directors | REV Federal Credit Union
- Current Member – Board of Directors | Summerville Italian Feast
- Current Member – Economic Vitality Committee | Summerville DREAM
- Current Member – Leadership Dorchester Class of 2023 – Greater Summerville Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member – Entrepreneurial Council | Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Past Instructor – Charleston Code Camp | Charleston Digital Corridor
- Speaker – Entrepreneurship Class | Charleston Southern University
- Expert – Harbor Entreprenuer Center
- Former Chair – Small Business Council | Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Alumni Member – Board of Directors | Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Alumni Member – Executive Committee | Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
Companies & Business Experience
- Web Production Manager – The Post and Courier
- WiFi Web Producer – Evening Post Publishing Company
- Regional Interactive Media Director – Media General | WCBD-TV 2 (NBC) & WSAV-TV 3 (NBC)
- Realtor – Carolina One Real Estate
- President + CEO | netGALAXY Studios
- CEO – netGALAXY Holdings
- Co-Founder + Director – Charleston Leaders
- Co-Founder + Executive Director – Larry and Rebecca Collett Foundation